[Qgis-developer] Get rid of Shapefiles ! Go SpatiaLite !

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:10:28 PST 2012

Hi agin

Surely I did not mean to drop Shapefile support ! We must let the user
choose. But now, as ESRI Shapefile is the simplest/default way (yet
limited) to create/edit layers, we "force" the users to use it, which I
dislike for reasons written previously.
I think sqlite could be a great alternative. It has some limitations, but
improves as time passes. We "just" need to modify QGIS tools to deal with
sqlite file more smoothly as discussed before.

Regards
Michael