[Qgis-developer] QgsVectorLayer.commitChanges() and editing status

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 29 01:24:32 PST 2012

 Hi,

 With a Python script I am detecting if there are uncommitted changes in
 a vector layer by checking isModified(). It works fine. The uncommitted
 changes are committed and the layer is stopped editing. The editing
 pencil on the layer symbol is not shown anymore as expected.

 However, in the editing toolbar the still selected layer that was
 edited before still shows as being edited, while in fact it isn't
 editable anymore. Is this a bug?

 My other question - can I commit changes and not stop editing? -
 leaving the concerned layer in editing mode?

 Thanks,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A