[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Nov 29 04:35:14 PST 2012

Dear list,

during a course I realized that my institution needs some more editing
tools for advanced editing tasks e.g.
- prolong a line
- cut polygon with feature (line or polygon) from another layer
- save all layers being in editing mode in one go
- some more

A little background: when digitizing data we are not starting from
scratch but are digitzing on existing data in many different layers
(parcels, restricted areas ...). A new polygon normally needs to fit
into these existing boundaries. Trying to digitize along existing
boundaries of several layers and snapping to them is cumbersome and you
are very likely missing snapping nodes (even when using trace digitize
plugin).

Is any of you aware of similar functions in a plugin (I know cadTools)?
Is anyone interested in joining me to create such tools as a Python
plugin? Which functions would you like to have?

regards

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7744 (20121129) __________

http://www.eset.com