[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Nov 29 08:01:10 PST 2012

sorry, forgot the list...

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for your feedback. I comment below.

Am 29.11.2012 15:01, schrieb Giovanni Manghi:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
>> Is any of you aware of similar functions in a plugin (I know cadTools)?
>> Is anyone interested in joining me to create such tools as a Python
>> plugin? Which functions would you like to have?
>
> also around here many people feel the needs of more advanced tools.
> This ones are often requested by people that spend a lot of time
> digitizing:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4933 ->  fill hole (and fill space)

this was requested here, too. Fill hole seems (theoretically) quite
simple, the other one is harder:
1) which layers are defined to form the space to be filled. Any line or
polygon layer could do it. Maybe one would use the ones that are ticked
for avoid intersection.
2) what happens if these layers do not form a closed boundary around the
point where the user clicked? how would you detect this?

Filling a hole can also be achieved by ticking "avoid intersection" for
the layer with the polygon and then digitizing generously around the
hole. In this respect I would like to have the whole snapping business
more handy: You have to click the menu, scroll in the list, tick here
and there... (no idea though how it could be improved)

> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4996 ->  remove overlapped areas

requested here, too. I have solved this in Python already.

> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4997 ->  avoid intersection when
> copying/pasting polygons

+1

> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5040 ->  split lines with points

this shouldn't be too difficult

> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5234 ->  add ring + automatic "fill hole" tool

you would not need this if you had the first part of #4933

> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5342 ->  continue editing of already
> existing line geometries

agreed, currently you would have to add a new line and merge it with the
existing one afterwards. Maybe this would be the way how to solve this
issue in a plugin.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7745 (20121129) __________

http://www.eset.com