[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Thu Nov 29 14:11:31 PST 2012

On 30/11/2012, at 24:01 , Bernhard Ströbl wrote:

[snip]

> Filling a hole can also be achieved by ticking "avoid intersection" for
> the layer with the polygon and then digitizing generously around the
> hole. In this respect I would like to have the whole snapping business
> more handy: You have to click the menu, scroll in the list, tick here
> and there... (no idea though how it could be improved)

The simplest snapping approach I've seen is a keyboard shortcut (S), and then watch as the programme tries to snap to anything in sight (not so good if you have many layers).

But, I wonder, would it be possible to pop the snapping menu out into a panel (or similar) so that when you're furiously digitising it was easily accessible?
or
Maybe if (S) wasn't used that could take you straight to the list.

-ramon.