[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Nov 29 23:38:44 PST 2012

Hi Ramon,

Am 29.11.2012 23:11, schrieb Ramon Andiñach:
> On 30/11/2012, at 24:01 , Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>> Filling a hole can also be achieved by ticking "avoid intersection" for
>> the layer with the polygon and then digitizing generously around the
>> hole. In this respect I would like to have the whole snapping business
>> more handy: You have to click the menu, scroll in the list, tick here
>> and there... (no idea though how it could be improved)
>
> The simplest snapping approach I've seen is a keyboard shortcut (S), and then watch as the programme tries to snap to anything in sight (not so good if you have many layers).

not neccessarily because you can define your snap layers and snapping
should only occur with one of those (though if you choose to snap to
segments there would be an abundance of potential snap points)

> But, I wonder, would it be possible to pop the snapping menu out into a panel (or similar) so that when you're furiously digitising it was easily accessible?

I think this would smoothen the workflow. We could file a ticket for
this. I my case I have many line and point layers to which I can snap
but I have to scroll a lot to get to a certain polygon layer that I want
to tick for "avoid intersections". Maybe we could have another column in
the snapping options dialog with the geometry type in it so we could
sort on that to have all polygon layers together?

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7747 (20121129) __________

http://www.eset.com