[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:28:00 PST 2012

On 11/29/2012 02:35 PM, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> during a course I realized that my institution needs some more editing
> tools for advanced editing tasks e.g.
> - prolong a line
> - cut polygon with feature (line or polygon) from another layer
> - save all layers being in editing mode in one go
> - some more
>
> A little background: when digitizing data we are not starting from
> scratch but are digitzing on existing data in many different layers
> (parcels, restricted areas ...). A new polygon normally needs to fit
> into these existing boundaries. Trying to digitize along existing
> boundaries of several layers and snapping to them is cumbersome and
> you are very likely missing snapping nodes (even when using trace
> digitize plugin).
>
> Is any of you aware of similar functions in a plugin (I know
> cadTools)? Is anyone interested in joining me to create such tools as
> a Python plugin? Which functions would you like to have?
>
> regards
>
> Bernhard
>

> __________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus
> signature database 7744 (20121129) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Hi Bernhard,

Excellent timing, I was thinking about creating a new functionality that
I need for a parcel digitization project.
One tool I have in mind is parallel moving of a side of a polygon in
order to achieve a specific area for the polygon (and at the same time
maintain topological integrity with near polygons.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos