[Qgis-developer] QGIS Engine development

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:37:58 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been measuring the performance of vector layer rendering some time
> ago and it varies greatly on three levels:
> - data source type (shapefile / database layer / ...)
> - layer type (geometry type, number of vertices per geometry, number of
> attributes, ...)
> - renderer type (using attributes? antialiasing? thick lines?)

I have run my benchmarks with latest master: http://bench.qgis.cz
However it seems that we achieved significant slowdown over 100% there
may exist a different explanation in benchmarking itself. Running
benchmarks on all commits since April would help. I have free computer
I would like to dedicate to real time benchmarks I just need to find
time to configure it.

Radim