[Qgis-developer] Announcing ENKI (Was: Hydrological toolbox)

Sjur Kolberg Sjur.A.Kolberg at sintef.no
Tue Oct 2 08:02:05 PDT 2012

Paolo,

Sure QGIS could do the visualisation, probably even by function calls with data in memory, not having to export GIS data sets to disk for every time step.

But Statkraft released ENKI under LGPL for a reason. Linking ENKI too closely with GPL QGIS will make ENKI unavailable for the commercial software sector. That would be bad news for the hydropower industry I hope will continue supporting ENKI development. From what I see now, there will still be a need to maintain ENKI as a standalone program, in addition to making the EnkiAPI core available for a QGIS plugin.

All the best,

Sjur  :-)