[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server WFS-T integration

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Oct 3 00:26:52 PDT 2012

Hi René-Luc

Thank you for this nice addition, WFS-T will certainly be a great
contribution to QGIS server!

I tried to compile the wfs_server_transaction branch, but it fails with
the following error message (QGS_NAMESPACE and OGC_NAMESPACE are not
defined):

/home/marco/src/Quantum-GIS/src/mapserver/qgswfsserver.cpp:718:35:
Fehler: »QGS_NAMESPACE« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
/home/marco/src/Quantum-GIS/src/mapserver/qgswfsserver.cpp:721:39:
Fehler: »OGC_NAMESPACE« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert

Maybe there is a commit that you did not push to github yet?

Then, looking at qgswfsserver.cpp, it seems that most of the 2000 code
lines deal with GML. It would be good to separate that into a GML
handling class on its own (which could also be used from qgswfsprovider,
at the moment, the gml reading seems to be duplicated).

In QgsPostRequestHandler, the code looks for the environment variable
QUERY_STRING. I thought QUERY_STRING is only defined in http get
requests and in post requests, there is only CONTENT_LENGTH ?

Which WFS client did you use for testing (QGIS desktop)?

Regards,
Marco