[Qgis-developer] QGIS python plugin, segmentation fault, what can I do?

ASAHI Kosuke asahi at hcc.co.jp
Fri Oct 5 02:21:41 PDT 2012

Hi Dominik,

Please check line 30 in shp_to_obs.py,
  QtCore.QObject.connect(self.Next, QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"),
shp_to_obs.Next)

ShowDialog1 class doesn't know shp_to_obs instance.
Please try like following,
     line 152-:
      dlg1 = ShowDialog1(self)
      QtCore.QObject.connect(dlg1.Cancel, QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"), exit)
      QtCore.QObject.connect(dlg1.Next, QtCore.SIGNAL("clicked()"),
self.Next)

regards

(2012/10/04 23:05), Dominik Fröhlich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write a python plugin to create an input file for an urban
> climate model (RayMan) out of three shape files.
> Unfortunatelly QGIS closes when I try to load the plugin (Windows, as
> well as Linux, both 32bit, version 1.8.0). When I start QGIS from the
> Terminal (Ubuntu), I get "segmentation fault" when it happens. Thats all.
> Is there some function that is known to crash QGIS or do you have any
> suggestions how I could  track down the error?
>
> I put the plugin on our server if that helps. It can be downloaded from
> http://www.urbanclimate.net/shp_to_obs.zip.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Dominik Froehlich

ASAHI Kosuke