[Qgis-developer] New voting on plugins

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Mon Oct 8 03:49:52 PDT 2012

Hi Alessandro,

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've implemented a voting system on plugins (1-5 stars),

what a nice feature!

> Please test it and report bugs on the qgis-django tracker:
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-django

I'm testing it, today it doesn't work at all (except displaying
stars) though yesterday I was able to vote both as logged or
anonymous user.

> If we need a RPC webservice to enable voting from QGIS
> client I can easily create one.

Yes, this would really make the voting system valid.
Most of the users doesn't go to the plugins site, they
install plugin directly from QGis.

IIRC the installer/manager refactoring was discussed
in Lisbon (5th HF) and it should include a way to send
votes to the webapp.

Regards.

> --
> Alessandro Pasotti