[Qgis-developer] testing core python plugins from build tree

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 8 09:43:37 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 05:52:39PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 05:16:29PM +0200, Giuseppe Sucameli wrote:

> > > Well, it wasn't enough:
> > >
> > >   ImportError: No module named ui_DlgDbError
> >
> > which makefile are you using?
>
>  Makefile -> ../../../b/python/plugins/db_manager/Makefile
>
> Where ../../../b is my build tree, so the Makefile generated
> by cmake.

So I think the ui_DlgDbError is being generated but in _build_ tree,
while the icon are only in _source_ tree. As a consequence there's
no way to find a directory with everything needed in it to use
for testing purposes. Is then the only solution to have the plugins
installed under the output/ dir at build time ?  What's blocking
that fix ? Can I help in any way ?

--strk;