[Qgis-developer] Oracle Plugin Error Compiling QGIS 1.8

maaza mekuria sailmcm at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 10:00:02 PDT 2012

I am having difficulty compiling QGIS 1.8 in Windows XP using VC 2008.

The only plugin that is ending in error (the real problem) is the Oracle plugin. While it compiles without error, duing the linking I get these two unresolved external errors about two methods. I can not overcome these. Would anyone shed some light as to what libraries I am to add. I could see these methods in the OGR headers in the GDAL directory. I even added the header file and tried compiling, but it did not work,

I also was wondering why the plugins during linking do not generate the windows plugin dll's . I think prior to version 1.8 (in 1.7.x) they did generate the dll's and one did not need to do an install before getting the dll's.

Thank you,

Maaza

1>   Creating library C:\GIS\myQGis\Proj\src\plugins\oracle_raster\RelWithDebInfo\oracleplugin.lib and object C:\GIS\myQGis\Proj\src\plugins\oracle_raster\RelWithDebInfo\oracleplugin.exp
1>qgsselectgeoraster_ui.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual char * __thiscall OGRGeometry::exportToGML(void)const " (?exportToGML at OGRGeometry@@UBEPADXZ)
1>qgsselectgeoraster_ui.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall OGRPolygon::Centroid(class OGRPoint *)const " (?Centroid at OGRPolygon@@UBEHPAVOGRPoint@@@Z)
1>C:\GIS\myQGis\Proj\output\plugins\RelWithDebInfo\oracleplugin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\GIS\myQGis\Proj\src\plugins\oracle_raster\oracleplugin.dir\RelWithDebInfo\BuildLog.htm"
1>oracleplugin - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========