[Qgis-developer] QGis 1.9 gdal.h not found

Justin Hubbard justin at pyrotechsoftware.com
Wed Oct 10 21:19:34 PDT 2012

Hi

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, and as mentioned I was able to build Qgis
successfully.
It is when I attempt to use the Qgis libraries in a custom application
built in Qt Creator, that I get the error.
My first thought was that I need to include the gdal library in my
application as well, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:

> On 10/10/2012 06:42 AM, Justin Hubbard wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am brand new to the QGIS and Linux developer world.
> > I have built QGIS from source and all has gone well.
> >
> > I have also been following Tim Sutton's tutorials on this development,
> and
> > while attempting to add a raster layer (tutorial
> > 4<http://blog.qgis.org/node/94>)
> > but am getting a strange error when compiling.
> > The qgsRasterLayer class
> > #include "gdal.h" which now gives me a file not found error.
> >
> > I am sure that I am doing something wrong as I know that I have gdal
> 1.9.0
> > installed in the default path, and that the QGIS build found it without
> > problems.
> > Could someone please point me in the right direction.
>

> What version of linux are you on?
>
> In order to compile you need to have the -dev version of various
> packages (aka the source code of those packages). So you're probably
> missing libgdal-dev
>
> On Debian/Ubuntu the following will auto install what's needed for you:
> sudo apt-get build-dep qgis
>
> Though I thought the build would fail if you were missing those.
>
> Enjoy,
> Alex

Warm regards
*Justin Hubbard*