[Qgis-developer] PyQGIS: QGIS segfaults when using Qgsvectorlayer.select() inside signal handler

Rafael Varela Pet rafael.varela at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:42:27 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm developing a python plugin in QGIS 1.9.0-master that makes QGIS
segfault when I call Qgsvectorlayer.select() inside a geometryChanged
signal handler

My code looks like this:

layer_A.geometryChanged.connect(self.onLineGeometryChange)

@pyqtSlot(int, QgsGeometry)
def onLineGeometryChange(self, featureId, geom ):
  layer_B.select( someRectangle, False )
  ---

Is it illegal to call "select()" inside "onLineGeometryChange()"?

By the way, I'm not really interested in selecting features. I only
wanted to find the existing features inside a map area, but I didn't
find any other way but using "select()"

Thanks in advance and best regards,
--
Rafa