[Qgis-developer] QGis 1.9 gdal.h not found

Justin Hubbard justin at pyrotechsoftware.com
Sun Oct 14 21:03:31 PDT 2012

Hi

I have installed the library as suggested, and have included it in the
search path. Still no Joy.
With regards to the tutorial itself, seeing as it is obsolete, is there a
more recent tutorial highlighting the basic features of the newer version
of the API?

Thanks
Justin

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, that tutorial is quite old, and qgis has changed quite a bit since
> then...
>
> most probably your gdal.h is not in the include search path.
>
> Did you instal libgdal-dev with your package manager?
>
> If not you need to set CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH and possibly C_INCLUDE_PATH to
> the include dir where you installed gdal.
>
> cheers
> Etienne
>

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Justin Hubbard <
> justin at pyrotechsoftware.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 12.04, and as mentioned I was able to build Qgis
>> successfully.
>> It is when I attempt to use the Qgis libraries in a custom application
>> built in Qt Creator, that I get the error.
>> My first thought was that I need to include the gdal library in my
>> application as well, but that doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks

>>> and

>>> 1.9.0
>>>

>>> What version of linux are you on?
>>>
>>> In order to compile you need to have the -dev version of various
>>> packages (aka the source code of those packages). So you're probably
>>> missing libgdal-dev
>>>
>>> On Debian/Ubuntu the following will auto install what's needed for you:
>>> sudo apt-get build-dep qgis
>>>
>>> Though I thought the build would fail if you were missing those.
>>>
>>> Enjoy,
>>> Alex
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Warm regards