[Qgis-developer] Saving expressions

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Oct 18 23:17:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

I could imagine having several expressions for one layer (depending on
the field I want to do calculations on) so autoload needs to depend on
the layer and the field. On the other hand I could imagine having an
area field in many layers which I want to update with the geometry's
area. So a possibility to choose from saved expressions (independent of
the layer) would come in handy, otherwise I end up copy-pasting the same
expression from one layer to the other :-(
Besides: Shape files are only one data format. If we save only the
expressions (last ten, or in a user-defined structure) we can apply them
to any vector data) or the layer expressions are saved in the project(?)
So Nathan, for me it would be both then :)

just some thoughts...

regards

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7602 (20121018) __________