[Qgis-developer] Saving expressions

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 18 22:58:57 PDT 2012

Il 19/10/2012 07:51, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
> For me personally, copy/paste works fine. No need for load and save.
>
> I do not fully understand the use case for autoloading (association
> with a layer). Can you explain why this is desirable? Do you really
> always want the same expression in all projects for one particular layer?
I think users will fin useful to have their expression per layer, so
they can refresh a field with the same calculation, without the need to
rememberwhich formula they used (very stupi example: refreshing the AREA
field). In this way, a DBF can be used almost like a spreadsheet.
For advanced users it is probably useless, for newbies it can save a
loto of time, effort and frustration remembering which expression they
used, what is the exact syntax, where (if) they copied the expression
somewhere, etc.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia