[Qgis-developer] planet.qgis.org problems

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:41:56 PDT 2012

2012/10/22 Marco Bernasocchi <marco at bernawebdesign.ch>:
> Hi Ale, all
> I just tried to add Victor's new blog to [2] and noticed few "grave"
> problems :/
> from worse to least:
> - login doesn't work for planet. on [3] I see logged in as mbernasocchi
> and the logout link, I move to [1] and I see the login link and I can't
> login. It takes me to the login page, I enter my pass, I get sent back
> to [2] and the login link is still there.

Very strange...

BTW solving the URLs mess will probably solve the login too.

> - "About plugins" in the nav bar points to [1] which is the same as [2]
> (the aggregator). Nothing to do with plugins.

Yes, we know, this must be fixed.

a redirect from planet.qgis.org to  plugins.qgis.org/planet whould probably do.

Maybe better to rename the main app to web.qgis.org  (or something
like that) and then have a couple of redirections or transparent
rewrites:
plugins.qgis.org ->  web.qgis.org/plugins
planet.qgis.org -> web.qgis.org/planet

etc. etc.

We can ask Werner to make the redirects with apache mod_rewrite.

> - the page keeps on waiting for connecting to media.djangoproject.com

no idea...

> - A css issue solvable by changing 3px to 20 in #leftcolumn
> padding-left: 20px;

You could git pull & push the CSS fix, please always add a class
selector which applies to planet pages only otherwise you will
probably break other parts of the site (like happened in the past).

I can load the changes on the server when done.

the whole project is all on qgis-django on github.

> - searching google for "qgis blog" or "qgis planet" always finds [4]
> first (this has been mentioned before and it is really annoying. and
> easy to solve for an admin, just put a redirect to [2] in [4]
>
> thanks a lot, and if I can help let me know, I know my way around ssh
> and serverish :)

Just to make it clear, I developed only the plugins.qgis.org part of
the site, all other stuff (planet, usermap apache config etc. etc.)
was done by someone else (who should probably take care of maintaining
and fixing it too).

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it