[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:18:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> In your changes, are there also other api-breaking things besides the Python
> changes ( related to 1) enable introduction of threading )?

Hi Marco

yes there are (will be) also other changes, mainly:
- QgsVectorLayer + QgsVectorDataProvider: select(), nextFeature(),
rewind(), featureAtId() replaced by getFeatures(), feature request and
feature iterator classes
- QgsFeature + QgsField: attributes are stored in a vector instead of
a map (for more efficient access).

That means everyone who does something with vectors is affected (c++
or python). At some point I will start preparing a porting guide.

Regards
Martin