[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Oct 23 13:58:25 PDT 2012

Hi Martin,

Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 21.17:20 schrieb Martin Dobias:

> recently I have been brewing some backwards incompatible API changes
> that will 1) enable introduction of threading, 2) simplify API for
> developers. I would like to merge the changes soon to master branch in
> order not to drift too much from master.

-1 from me.
This is against the release plan we agreed on the hackfest.

IMHO, current master can be a great 2.0 release with many new features in a
few months.
Your additions are the begin of the next level - an even greater 3.0 release.

So I would strongly prefer to have these changes in a "plugin-ng"-branch
instead of starting a "frozen" 1.9 branch.

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions