[Qgis-developer] setPkgDataPath issue

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Oct 24 01:28:54 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 02:14:46AM -0600, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> Hi strk,
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> > Larry, I commented out the setPkgDataPath line because with
> > that load of GdalTools plugin out of output/python/plugin path
> > fails with this message:
> >
> >  Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "/usr/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/b/output/python/qgis/utils.py", line 188, in startPlugin
> >      plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
> >    File "/usr/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/python/plugins/fTools/__init__.py", line 53, in classFactory
> >
> > which seems to mean that the startPlugin function, loaded from output dir,
> > finds the __init__.py file in the _source_ dir rather than finding the one
> > in output dir.
> >
> > The same kind of error happens with _all_ the plugins, not only GdalTools.
>
> In addition to what we discussed on irc, i.e. why that setPkgDataPath
> call should stay as is, it sounds more like an issue with sys.path. If
> the interpreter is finding modules in the source directory before
> output, maybe prepend the staged output dir to sys.path, so it is
> always searched before the source dir.

I checked sys.path and it does NOT contain the source dir at all.

Did you try to load python plugins from output/bin/qgis ?
With and without the setPkgDataPath ?
Because with the call they don't load, without they load.

The same applies with the console, too:
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/299

--strk;

 http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your data