[Qgis-developer] setPkgDataPath issue

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Oct 24 01:14:46 PDT 2012

Hi strk,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> Larry, I commented out the setPkgDataPath line because with
> that load of GdalTools plugin out of output/python/plugin path
> fails with this message:
>
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/b/output/python/qgis/utils.py", line 188, in startPlugin
>      plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
>    File "/usr/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/python/plugins/fTools/__init__.py", line 53, in classFactory
>
> which seems to mean that the startPlugin function, loaded from output dir,
> finds the __init__.py file in the _source_ dir rather than finding the one
> in output dir.
>
> The same kind of error happens with _all_ the plugins, not only GdalTools.

In addition to what we discussed on irc, i.e. why that setPkgDataPath
call should stay as is, it sounds more like an issue with sys.path. If
the interpreter is finding modules in the source directory before
output, maybe prepend the staged output dir to sys.path, so it is
always searched before the source dir.

Larry