[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 14:38:22 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi defs
>
> Yes, the decision was that multithreading branch should be in 2.0.
> Personally, I'm in favor of merging it as soon as possible (to give the dev
> team enough time to get used to the new classes and to handle possible side
> effects). Martin, is your planned merge already the full threading branch
> merge or a part of it?

Hi Marco

First I would like to merge API changes that are required in order to
get threaded rendering in place. I am trying to write unit tests so
hopefully there won't be many regressions. After that I will be
reintroducing threaded rendering. In case that we would find out that
threaded rendering is not ready for prime time, it should be easy to
disable it in order not to wait with 2.0 release just for it... so we
should be still able to ship 2.0 sometime in spring/summer 2013 with
or without threading.

Martin