[Qgis-developer] Merging of incompatible changes

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Oct 24 13:38:58 PDT 2012

Hi defs

Yes, the decision was that multithreading branch should be in 2.0.
Personally, I'm in favor of merging it as soon as possible (to give the
dev team enough time to get used to the new classes and to handle
possible side effects). Martin, is your planned merge already the full
threading branch merge or a part of it?

Pathon changes: I don't have a strong opinion here, but most people on
the list seem to be in favor of them ( they are not afraid to adapt
their plugins for 2.0).

 >We also decided that the geometry refactoring (for arcs, splines,
z-values, m-values, multitype >geometries, etc.) should be done after
QGIS 2.0. I am not sure if this would again mean API breaks ...

I think that can wait until version 3...

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler