[Qgis-developer] How to have a better QGIS: let's manage targeted donations

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 25 22:51:22 PDT 2012

Hi all.
For the smooth and fast release of 2.0 to happen, we need some help from users.
We decided to fix at least:
- new symbology, replacing the old one
- new labelling, replacing the old one
- sextante
- new web site
- manuals completed in the new infrastructure.
Moreover, it is likely that we'll need some work to fix plugins, broken because of API changes.
We agreed in starting to handle targeted donations, with one of the several systems available (e.g. PledgeBank etc.; I've also seen the system recently introduced by Ubuntu [0]; nice but too invasive for my taste).
I do not have experience in any of those, so I would ask all of you to share your knowledge, experience, and preferences.
Also, I would greatly appreciate if someone would step in and help in the management of the system.
In the meantime, I would ask developers to check if they have time do complete one of more of the task, and estimate the necessary resources.
If we can tap on this, I am pretty sure our development cycle will improve, with benefits for all users, so please come and help.
All the best.

[0]http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/questions?distro=desktop&bits=32&release=latest (thanks Matteo for pointing it out)

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia