[Qgis-developer] QtSQL location has moved PySide

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:32:44 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> On some OS it looks like the location of the python bindings to qtsql
> has moved and is causing any plugin that imports to fail.
>
> Specifically on ubuntu 12.04 and newer it's inside pyside. I'm not sure
> if this affects other systems (Win/Mac). So it might be advised for
> plugin authors to do an if statement or a try/except to catch the right
> load.
>
> Old:
> from PyQt4.QtSql import *
>
> New:
> from PySide.QtSql import *

Hi Alex

are you sure it has been moved? PyQt4 and PySide are separate
projects, both of them should have their own QtSql module. Isn't that
just missing python-qt4-sql package on your side? Maybe your fix
works, but I would be afraid of some incompatibilities between PyQt4
and PySide that are hard to predict.

Martin