[Qgis-developer] Keeping up with latest Sextante developments

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 05:33:13 PDT 2012

>> 1) As far as I can tell, active development is now happening on GitHub QGIS
>> core rather than svn; if I fork the QGIS repo, can I use just the sextante
>> plugin with old faithful QGIS 1.8.0, or could I run into conflicts?
>
> Yes, you can use SEXTANTE from core with older QGIS versions.

I confirm, SEXTANTE do not use any newer stuff from QGIS. I myself
test everything on a stable 1.8

>> 2) I am encountering quite a few bugs which are relatively easy to fix. If I
>> do so, should I log them on hub.qgis.org and supply a patch, or is it better
>> to initiate a pull request on GitHub?
>
> Better to issue pull request with bug description. But also you can
> create ticket
> and add link to pull request in it.

I do not know if I will get a notification if there is a
SEXTANTE-related pull request in the QGIS repo, but I guess that is a
good idea. Opening a ticket in the SEXTANTE bug-tracker with the patch
is also a good idea

Thanks in advance!

Victor