[Qgis-developer] building debian pckages runs "make Experimental"

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:08:54 PDT 2012

I see 2 problems that result from automatic test execution

- it seems that qgis is built TWICE (at least when first run), after
normal build "make Experimental" builds everything again (without
normal console output). Is this the desired behavior?
- qgis_wcsprovidertest hangs when there is no internet connection (or
if connection is flaky), but at least bails out after 3 minutes
- also submission to cdash can take a long time when internet is not
available, as it tries 4 times to upload
- .deb files are built after lengthy tests

As a result it takes a really long time to have built .deb files available.

IMHO it would be better to skip the tests, unless an option is given
or an environment variable is set. At least allow to skip it in an
easy way.

regards
Etienne