[Qgis-developer] QGIS python vector layer select behaviour

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Sep 10 15:01:49 PDT 2012

Hi All

If I take this simple little script and run it in the QGIS python
console after loading e.g. the tests/testdata/points.shp, nothing gets
selected:

from qgis.utils import iface
l = iface.activeLayer()
r = iface.mapCanvas().extent()
m = l.dataProvider().attributeIndexes()
l.select(m, r, True, True)

However this one works fine:

from qgis.utils import iface
l = iface.activeLayer()
r = iface.mapCanvas().extent()
l.select(r, True)

Does anyone know why the first does not work?

Thanks

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux