[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] Web infrastructure

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Sep 11 09:08:20 PDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 11:36 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 11/09/2012 08:29, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> Oh - I thought it was all free for FOSS projects? My main interest is
>> to consolidate our infrastructure - it has too many moving parts and
>> not enough grease monkeys to keep the cogs oiled....
>
> agreed, the current structure is very complex, better KIS.
> all the best.

It's free up to a size limit, if you look in your account details or the
org details you'll see the quota. I agree with simplifying, which to me
means keeping it all on the qgis.org server, because we can actually
control all of that.

Moving to sphinx instead of Joomla should help reduce the complexity a
bit. I think we were also talking about Poodle for managing the rst
translations (a django app) and we've already moved the wiki into
redmine. So I think we're actually started on consolidation as is.

Thanks,
Alex