[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] Web infrastructure

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Sep 11 13:40:19 PDT 2012

Hi

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 11:36 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Il 11/09/2012 08:29, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>>
>>> Oh - I thought it was all free for FOSS projects? My main interest is
>>> to consolidate our infrastructure - it has too many moving parts and
>>> not enough grease monkeys to keep the cogs oiled....
>>
>> agreed, the current structure is very complex, better KIS.
>> all the best.
>>

> It's free up to a size limit, if you look in your account details or the
> org details you'll see the quota. I agree with simplifying, which to me
> means keeping it all on the qgis.org server, because we can actually
> control all of that.

Well we are also trying to reduce the resource usage on that server so
if we could look into one of the other available options you mentioned
that would be great.

> Moving to sphinx instead of Joomla should help reduce the complexity a
> bit. I think we were also talking about Poodle for managing the rst
> translations (a django app) and we've already moved the wiki into
> redmine. So I think we're actually started on consolidation as is.

Yup there is already a pootle instance running but we are on hold
until the user manual transcription is complete. We have taken an
number of other steps in this consolidation process. Bottom line is I
think we are all committed to shifting over to rst/sphinx, and where
specifically stuff gets hosted is something we can discuss and adjust
as we go along. I'm really looking for a 'push to publish' solution
for all our materials (push in git and the site / doc /etc gets
published).

Regards

Tim

> Thanks,