[Qgis-developer] Nightly builds of master branch for Mac

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Sep 13 20:12:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2012, at 12:09 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:
>
>>> If I want to test this version, I need to migrate or learn to compile QGIS
>>> (take some time, i am geologist and not a programmer). It's very frustrating
>>> and I do not think that I was alone .
>>
>> Sorry about the frustration. It is really just an issue (for the most
>> part) with which system Python version is supported. William's
>> installers manage both versions of Python, relative to OS being
>> installed on [0]. My nightly builds are only compiled against the
>> system Python version 2.7, Snow Leopard only comes with up to 2.6. I
>> suppose I could just as easily make a second build that supports
>> Python 2.6. That would be considerably easier for me than trying to
>> automate creating an installer package.
>>
>> I will look into this today and get back to you.
>

> Configure options I use to compile for Snow Python 2.6:
>
> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6
> export DESTDIR=~/Applications/qgis-release
> export CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk"
> export CXXFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk"
> export LDFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk"
>
> cmake ... \
> -D CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.6" \
> -D CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT="/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk" \
> -D PYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python2.6 \
> -D SIP_BINARY_PATH=/Users/Shared/unix/python-snow/bin/sip \
>
> Any external dependencies (like the QScintilla2 you added, and Qwt, spatialindex, ...) must be also compiled with the 10.6 deployment target.  My frameworks are OK.  The sip bit above assumes a separate SIP/PyQt compiled for 10.6 in the system Python 2.6 site-packages.  But compiling SIP/PyQt *for* Snow Python 2.6 *on* Lion is tricky, and needs a hack to the system Python.  (the simple solution is to compile on Snow)

@William, thanks for the help. I settled on the latter, '(the simple
solution is to compile on Snow)'.  :^)

@Gene, please test the Snow Leopard master nightly on your 64-bit-capable Macs:

http://qgis.dakotacarto.com

You might see intermittent builds over the next few days, until I can
verify the nightly build script works on that older Core 2 Duo server
and that it reports the unit tests correctly.

Regards,

Larry