[Qgis-developer] Default typeface to package with app

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:59:32 PDT 2012

It seems quite a few linux distros have dejavu packages available, so
it's probably not worth worrying about for the linux packages:
http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Download

It seems that Deja Vu is similar to or compatible with Verdana - which
is more widely available in Windows and OS X ?

If we end up embedding fonts (in say Windows and OSX), it might be
worth only embedding what is really necessary to save some space.
If you need only 4 typefaces (out of 21 total), then download size
would be about 1MB instead of 5MB.

Etienne