[Qgis-developer] Default typeface to package with app

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 14:46:29 PDT 2012

Hi Larry,

I agree with using a unique font - but it would be best to choose one
which would minimize the need to add size to qgis.

For example, deja vu font has packages in ubuntu (to name one linux
distro), so adding it as an external dependency would not add size to
the qgis package.
Don't know about windows, osx and other linux distros though. Any case
we could provide an extra package, to be installed when needed.

On another note - do you plan to allow user to choose his font of
choice, or hard-code a specific font - based on all your arguments
above?

Etienne