[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 Milestone: Feature freeze & updated release timetable

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Apr 1 01:04:16 PDT 2013

Hi

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Please note that we are now in Feature Freeze for QGIS 2.0. This means
> that no new major functionality (typically annotated with [FEATURE] in
> a commit message) should be added to master.
>
> Exceptions to this are the GUI cleanup work and the shield label work
> being carried out by Larry. If anyone else feels there should be
> further exceptions made, they should be discussed here on the list
> *before* pushing them to master.

I should have added that there are a number of pull requests pending
evaluation [1], I would like to suggest that
we allow any pull request to be applied over the next two weeks where
the pull request id < 493 (i.e. when the pull request was already
lodged prior to the feature freeze).

[1] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pulls

Regards

Tim