[Qgis-developer] New Vector API

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Apr 2 06:10:05 PDT 2013

Hi Martin, hi List

On 04.01.2013 22:19, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi Matthias
>
> thanks for your mail.
>
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:
>> You've been talking about updating to PyQt4 SIP version 2. I noticed this
>> change did not yet happen. What are your plans regarding this update?
> Yes, the plans are still there. I'm only wondering what would be the
> best time to switch - right now within the branch or a bit later once
> the branch is merged and the new code settles down a bit? I can see a
> slight advantage of the latter approach of having a greater chance of
> separating problems caused by the merge and problems caused by the SIP
> API change, but I do not have a strong opinion here.

Despite feature freeze, I'd like to ask what happened to that plan. As
far as I know, this change has not been made, and if this change is not
made before QGIS 2.0 it will have to wait for 3.0 (This is not something
to be done for 2.1).
It will probably be a small change (to switch in the core) but with a
huge impace (concerning plugins).

Matthias