[Qgis-developer] How do we deal with duplicate functionality in Select by Location and Spatial Query Plugin?

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Apr 5 05:37:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

In master, we currently have (at least) two ways to select features by
location: Vector - Research Tools - Select by Location and Spatial Query
plugin. Both cover Intersection. Spatial Query also offers Contains and
Disjoint. Select by Location allows to compare a layer with itself while
Spatial Query forces you to duplicate the layer to achieve the same
results.

Do we want to keep both or wouldn't it be better to get rid of one?

Best wishes,
Anita