[Qgis-developer] Input coordinate​s in different ways - Extend Numerical Digitize

Antonio Locandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 14:15:39 PDT 2013

Hi devs, I was wondering if there is a way to add coordinates in the following formats currently it supports only Decimal Degrees and Eastings/Northings however when working with GCS specially WGS84 one can receive the data in the following formats Degrees Minutes and Secondse.g. 16 18 59.56810 N 086 31 18.36440 W Degrees Minutese.g. 16 18.0165 N 086 31.0051 W Think of how Google Earth lets you input coordinates and how easy the workflow is, the Numerical Vertix Edit should have this same options and probably should be similar the form as the Numerical Digitize Also the tool has the option  Coordinates are given * in the CRS of theProject*in the CRS of the Layer Maybe it would be a good thing to add which CRS it is right in the dialog Coordinates are given * in the CRS of theProjectGCS WGS84*in the CRS of the LayerPCS WGS/UTM16 This plugins maybe should be core components of QGIS as it extends its functionalities and they could be more accessible if the actions were performed on right click

P.S. Also the option to change order of coordinate input, since its x,y/lon,lat but sometimes I need y,x /lat,lon just because of my workflow