[Qgis-developer] Select by Location tool and other things

Antonio Locandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 13:47:18 PDT 2013

I was using the select by location tool today and here are my thoughts. 1st. Once it finishes the selection it gives the result in the status bar of QGIS, I think if it is succesful it should close the current window and show a pop up XX/XXX features selected, and during the performing of the operation a progress bar should be shown that way we know it is working 2nd. I saved this selection to a folder as a shapefile, the behavior I was expecting was for a pop up window or something asking if I wanted to add this layer to the QGIS or not. Instead I had to navigate to the folder where it was saved and add it. 3rd. On my laptop running windows 8 some of the popup dialogs of QGIS overrun the task bar at the lower part of the screen making it impossible to press the ok button or others.