[Qgis-developer] QGIS globe and mapserver export plugin

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Thu Apr 11 05:42:45 PDT 2013

Le 02/04/2013 12:04, Giuseppe Sucameli a écrit :

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at
> <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
>
>     Am 31.03.2013, 17:20 Uhr, schrieb Giovanni Manghi
>     <giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt <mailto:giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt>>:
>
>         can be replaced by the "RT Mapserver exporter" one
>

>     Does UMN Mapserver support SLD? If it does, do we even need a
>     dedicated export plugin?
>

> RT Mapserver Exporter plugin uses SLD as intermediary format for styles,
> but it needs mapscript v6.2 which is not available on OSGeo4W yet.

Hi,

Just to let you know we have been working on a fork of this plugin
during a sprint with Thomas Bonfort (from the MapServer project) to
replace the use of SLD for conversion by direct calls to the mapscript API.

The code can be found here :
https://github.com/Oslandia/rt_mapserver_exporter/tree/nosld

... as well as a TODO list :
https://github.com/Oslandia/rt_mapserver_exporter/wiki/Todo

We mainly focused on the new symbology and most of the features are
covered. There are still features that would be very hard to translate
into mapserver terms.

Let us know if you find this useful.

--
Hugo Mercier