[Qgis-developer] Icon theme update

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Apr 16 04:24:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

Since adding back the old default as a 'classic' theme choice is fairly
straightforward, only taking about an hour to do, I suggest the following:
It isn't done for a couple of weeks.

Here's my reasoning. If we are all looking at only the new default theme
and helping develop that into a complete and cohesive look for 2.0, then
those who are working on it will benefit greatly by the entire dev
community's focus.

I also think Robert's and other's reworking of the default icon set to
address color and useability concerns needs the full focus and support of
the community for it to have a good chance at success. If right before GUI
freeze (~ 2 weeks), the new theme is assessed and there is still a
consensus, or maybe a vote, that there should be a second project-supported
choice, then the 'classic' theme can readily be put back in.

Please let me know what you think of that approach.

Regards,

Larry