[Qgis-developer] wrong transformation of project on qgis 1.9.0

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:34:20 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 1.8.0 qgis project and try to open with the new qgis-dev version of
> qgis.
> To see how much compatible it will be with the next released version of
> qgis.
> Unfortunately I see it is pretty drammatically unusable.
>
> Infact In the "old" project I have many projects where often the layers are
> rendered with a "unique value" style of old symbology.
>
> The reason to have used the unique value rendering is that it allow the
> usage of the empty value as a conditional "all the other values".
> And this is a "must" in the rendering in our usages.
>
> But when I tryed to load this project with the new qgis dev I see that it
> change from the "unique value" to the "categorized" style.
> What a wrong choice !
> Infact it don't allow the use of empty as "all the other" but use the empty
> as only "empty" value :)
>
> So I see all our objects simply disappeared from our project.

Please file a bug report and attach a sample project.

Btw. the "unique value" renderer in old symbology is equivalent to
"categorized" renderer in new symbology. It is not clear to me what is
actually wrong with that. Maybe just a terminology problem? (it has
been suggested once or twice to do some renaming of new symbology
renderers, but I am not sure if any consensus was found).

Martin