[Qgis-developer] fTools and GdalTools: sextante vs original plugins

antoniolocandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 06:17:23 PDT 2013

Well since I can't code I can help with the testing, just point me where to start and I will try Sextante

Sent from Samsung tabletFilipe Dias <filipesdias at gmail.com> wrote:I agree with allowing the user to define some Menu entries. As an end user I'd rather have all Analytical tools in one place, but this would allow people "to not loose their habit" of calling some more commonly used tools (I agree with Paolo, a poll with be good) from the Menu.

Sextante is more stable in the areas where there more users. This can only be solved if more people step in for testing or when the full testing suite is completed. In any case, Sextante is the single most powerfull GIS analysis tool out there, including proprietary software. It's a huge undertaking and it is being carried by very few people. I wish there were more people contributing to the code and testing it.