[Qgis-developer] Possible memory leak in rendering code

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 01:50:29 PDT 2013

Hi all,

working on QTiles plugin we found one odd issue — when number of
canvas redraws is relatively big (around 200 000 - 300 000) QGIS
crashed with segmentation fault. Seems there is a memory leak
somewhere.

I'll try to debug this more, but as I'm  not very familiar with rendering code any help and suggestions are welcome. Small test
plugin to replicate this issue attached. Also it is possible to use
QTiles plugin for this: just set extent and zoom levels so number of
tiles is greater that 200 000 and start process. QGIS will crash
at 60-70%.

--
Alexander Bruy