[Qgis-developer] Atlas and overview issues?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Apr 23 13:06:56 PDT 2013

Hi All, +1 for the new needs
We already discussed this before, in separated topics.

I pointed those needs in my personal roadmap for QGIS 2.1 here [0], which
means I want to fund some work:
[0]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u6Tp0QqKdkY65vQ5v94-8WpltcOxWTbQh2ow5tTkQCQ/edit

The main issue is to find some way to label features only in a sub area or
mask. This could be done in differents maners where you devs can help us:
- add a general 'masking' feature, with option on layers to label only
inside mask. Are we able to do that with reasonable perfs? Atlas could
dynamically generate such a mask. We need some buffer options , and style
options for mask layer. My prefered option by now, if possible.
OR
- Add a 'labeling' layer in layer order panel, so that user can choose id
label can be draw 'under' other layers. It might not be easy to understand
for newcomers, and will always make qgsi calculate labels everywhere in
canvas.
- Any other idea?

If we achieve to a common proposal, that could help me to speed up to put
some money on that.
Cheers All
Régis