[Qgis-developer] Delimited text plugin and file encoding dialog - advice please!

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Sat Apr 27 12:56:00 PDT 2013

Hi

The new delimited text plugin GUI has a selector for file encoding which I added (to support different file encodings!).

However I've just noticed that there is a QgsEncodingFileDialog which already supports selecting encoding for a file (though it is not much used in QGIS).

It would make sense to use this for the delimited text plugin, but that would make the provider dependent on the gui library, rather than just the core library.  So I'm just wondering if that is considered "A Bad Thing".  And whether using the QgsEncodingFileDialog would keep the plugin more consistent with the rest of QGIS, and so would be A Good Thing?

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.