[Qgis-developer] QgsDataProvider and supportsSubsetString

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue Apr 30 11:13:41 PDT 2013

Nathan

Thanks for pointer, I hadn't seen that, and certainly it is a similar thing in terms of implementation (ie when the filter is applied as features are extracted).

There would still be the question of where and how the request is presented to the user (ie what sort of request is available, though of course an expression based filter is always an option), and how it is defined with the layer and persisted into the project.   Also the subset has its own feature count and extents, so that may not sit will with a feature request implementation.

Chris