[Qgis-developer] [SoC] Resource Sharing in QGIS - Weekly Report #6

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Fri Aug 2 08:36:10 PDT 2013

I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier. Well, now I'd start from writting down
all the needed metadata tags (for plugins they are in the file I mentioned;
Victor, could you prepare such list for SEXTANTE?) and all needed API calls.
I believe it may lead to a decision of making qgs classes for data structures,
like I mentioned. Those structures can be still populated with data by the
serverside-filtering API, to not invest too much GSoC time into refactoring. A
new API can be added in version 2 and the old one can be depreciated (or not)
in a version 3... I must say I don't have much experience with similar
solutions existing around, so for me your work on styles is still a kind of
prototypying, and I expect many ideas may change.

Anyway, my next task should be a real versioning for plugins, in order to
allow downloading (and locking) any previous version of a non working plugin.
As I'd like to avoid downloading all the thousands of plugins x versions in
each request for local filtering, we'll probably have to add more requests to
the API. Most likely, there will be an aditional metadata tag
"alternate_versions" included to the main big request, and also another
requests for details of the chosen version. I'll think about it for Brighton.

As you see there is still a lot of details to be precised, so don't be
disappointed if you find your present work more a prototype than the final long-
term stage :-)

Borys